Gender Bending Fashion Exhibit
“Gender Bending Fashion” examines a rich history of fashion disrupting, blurring, and redefining conventions and expectations around the relationship between gender and dress. At the same time, the garments on view can speak more broadly to societal shifts across the past century—including changing gender roles, increasing visibility of LGBTQIA+ communities, and the rise of social media as a powerful tool for self-expression. Throughout the exhibition, individual narratives emerge, touching on issues of gender identity and expression, sexuality, race, class, pop culture, activism, social justice, and more.
Date: Sunday, June 30, 2019
Time: 10:00 AM
Location: Museum of Fine Arts (MFA) 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115
Cost: $25 per adult
How you can get in for free/discount:
- Residents of Everett (with proof of residency)
- Boston Public Library Cardholders (for two adults and up to six kids per visit)
- All active-duty military and veterans and five family members (free admission year-round)
- K–12 teachers in a school, afterschool, or community setting in MA, CT, ME, NH, RI, and VT (with proof of active teaching status)
- Massachusetts residents with Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards may receive up to four $3 tickets for adult, senior, or student admission
- Youths aged 17 and under are always free
If the cost is the only thing holding you back, please sign up anyway! Email us and we've got you covered!